I love carrot cake... really. Seriously love it. And I have always made miserable terrible carrot cakes. Which my kids, ever loyal that they are, have eaten smilingly. And yet in the depths of my heart and tongue, I have known - that was a blooper!
So, imagine my utter joy at making this one.. and I will say no more.. bake it and eat it.. and then tell me about it...
250 gm brown sugar
50 gms white sugar
300 ml oil
300 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 full tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 to 7 medium carrots, grated finely
1 full cup walnuts, crushed
- cream together sugar and eggs, adding eggs one by one
- add oil and vanilla, beat in some more
- sift together baking powder, baking soda and salt with the flour, sieve it over
- add the carrots and walnuts
- pour in 2 tins evenly
- bake in preheated oven at gas mark 1, around 190 C. for 20 to 25 minutes.
Glaze with 300g icing sugar and 200 gms cream cheese. Mixed well. Dont let it be too thin, it should be thick. Place both cakes ontop of each other with this glaze/icing in between and cover on top with remaining as u wish.
*** you could use the full amount of brown sugar instead of white if u prefer***