So, here I am with another experiment and I must say I am quite pleased with myself. Ever end up with too many pakoras? What do you do with them? Well, to my shame I must admit that I normally let them lie until I have an excuse to do away with them.. I know, I know, despicable! But, well..
So, I had a few again and thought, why not try something. I did and believe me, the result is very tasty. Try it.
.. this is what you need:
a plate of stale pakoras
1/2 can tomato puree or use fresh tomatoes
Garam masla, red chilli, dhania powder and salt
some green for garnish
.. and this is what you should do:
- fry the onions till they are nice and brown
- tip in the tomato puree and let it cook
- keep stirring and add the spices. But do take care, if your pakoras are spicy, then keep a soft hand with the rest of the spices especially salt!
- put in the pakoras and bhunofy, adding a little water
- cover and let it simmer for 5 - 10 mins
- the end result should look tasty - garnish, serve and enjoy with naans!