Okay so there are lots of ways to make this. This is the way I make it and it tastes out of this world .. obviously.
around 300 grms Chicken breast/boneless
1/8 cup Oil - which just means a lot of oil :)
3 tblsps or more, butter
1 cup tomato puree
4 tblsps tomate paste
3 onions, ground with a little water to paste
200 ml cream
3 tblsps yoghurt
1 & half tblsps of garlic ginger paste
Haldi, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, salt and cinnamon powder.
... and this is what you should do..
- toss the chicken in the pot and fry in oil, till it turns a nice golden
- take the chicken pieces out and set them aside.
- add the butter to the oil - and pls! keep the flame low!
- let it melt, add the onion paste and fry it a bit.
- throw in the cinnamon powder, mixie mixie
- add all the rest, (except cream!) the spices, yoghurt etc to the onion and mix
- let the sauce thicken, which it will do amidst a lot of bubbling
- toss the chicken back in
- pour over the cream, mix a bit
- cover and let it simmer till the cream has mixed in and it looks yummy!
It mite look a bit very buttery, but thats alright, its butter chicken after all! It really tastes great. Have it with Naan - use The Fool Proof Dough for Naan, which should then look like this:
PS: Okay, due to some reason this thing is blue and looks like a link to my Naans pic. Which it was not supposed to do. Since I have no idea why it has decided to look like this, I will just ignore it. And thats exactly what you should do too. Kill ignore :)